Filing Options, Deadlines, and Requirements
Essential Factors of Filing Form 8300
1. Definition of a “Person”
2. Definition of a “Transaction”
3. What the IRS Means by “Cash”
4. Exceptions to Filing IRS Form 8300
5. Civil and Criminal Penalties
- Don’t miss the deadline, or you will incur monetary penalties.
- Set aside enough time to fill out the form thoroughly, including all payments that meet the requirement.
- Double-check all your numbers and info before submitting. It’s easy to misplace numbers and decimal points, and such an error could lead to an audit.