The Basics of Separation of Liability Relief
Determining Whether You Qualify
5 Qualifications for Separation of Liability Relief
1. You Must Have Filed a Joint Return With Your Ex-Spouse in the Past
2. You Must Owe a Debt to the IRS for Understatement of Taxes
3. You Have to Be Divorced or Legally Separated and Living Apart
4. File a Request for Separation of Liability Relief 2 Years After the First IRS Collection
5. No Knowledge of Aberrant Income
Denial of Relief by Separation of Liability
Contact a Tax Attorney for Help
Divorce is difficult enough without having to figure out the tax implications, so having an experienced professional on your side is invaluable. The Silver Tax Group has a proven track record of success in divorce tax cases and a team of tax pros who can get you the best outcome with the IRS.
Contact Silver Tax Group today to speak with an expert in divorce-related tax issues or any other taxation questions.